Saturday, December 30, 2023

Year-end Review

 

 

I'm so pleased to end the year with Runninghour X'mas πŸŽ„ morning hike. We met at Fort Canning MRT station next to where Liang Court used to be and walked along the Singapore River & Alexandra Canal to the new Margaret Drive Food Centre, next to Queenstown MRT station.

I didn't attend the Saturday morning run at Punggol Waterway Park in July as I was attending the SkillsFuture certified course by Runninghour.

On the next day I went to Singapore Turf Club to attend the Tandem Bike Trial. When I was a teenager who couldn't cycle, I sat on the back of a tandem bike once. I'm v chuffed to try out being a tandem bike captain for the 1st time with Samantha Teo as my buddy on 16 July 🚲

After Saturday morning run at Labrador Park (the Bukit Chermin boardwalk had been closed since late last year and only re-opened after July this year), I went to East Coast Park in the evening to attend the Appreciation BBQ session for Guides initiated by Magdelene & Michael J. I can't remember when was the last time I attended a BBQ at East Coast Park πŸ– As I strolled along the pathway, I wished I was rollerblading 😎

We returned to Labrador Nature Reserve for Sunday morning hike in October. We took the MRT train to Haw Par Villa (the original plan was to walk & end the hike there), another place I haven't been to in ages 🐯

Another Saturday that I started & ended with Runninghour was 4th November when I attended Saturday morning run at Dairy Farm Nature Park & Purple Parade at Suntec City in the evening.

This year I only attended Saturday morning run at Bishan Park once in July. I missed the November one cos I worked late the Friday nite before.

In November, Runninghour co-founder John See Toh conducted a workshop for guides at his new BGA Inclusive Gym at Bishan so I missed the Stadium Saturday morning run on the same day. One of the guides Steven Lim managed to attend both!

I had cough & cold in December so I missed the Lavender Saturday morning run which was the 1st day that the nearby North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre re-opened after 3 months renovation.

No comments: