Sunday, August 6, 2023

Chachambo: Taking Flight

 5 August 2023 1930h Victoria Theatre

ART:DIS celebrates their 30th anniversary this year with this full-length theatre production, written by persons with disabilities and performed by an inter-generational cast.

Chachambo: Taking Flight Programme Booklet

I've always enjoyed watching live performances so when a visually impaired runner at Runninghour told me that morning that he'd watched the afternoon performance the previous day and that he thought it was very good, I decided to book a ticket to watch it that night.

When I went to the website to buy the ticket, there were 5 seats left for that night! I bought the sole single seat left: Circle BB 30.

The last time I watched a performance at Victoria Theatre was September 2019 when the theatre company did an audience choice of 3 different Shakespeare plays. The performers started by asking the audience to vote for the play they wanted to watch and proceeded to enact the play of the night with lots of nifty costume & scenery changes.

No comments: