Monday, January 2, 2023

Beginner Sewing Class

 Before (April 2022)

After (June 2022)

 

Last year I repaired my late mother's Singer Sewing Machine. Mr Tan (Guan Lee Long Sewing Machine at Chin Swee) installed an electric motor. So the metal foot pedal at the bottom is merely decorative now.

Mr Tan recommended the sewing class conducted by Uyii cos he services their sewing machines. I've seen the poster for their sewing classes previously. I was able to use my SkillsFuture credits to pay for the course fee & only paid S$50 for tools, materials and administration fee.

I started the course at the beginning of July and the instructor Benny was kind enough to let me to go in for 2 extra complimentary sessions when the 10 week course ended. I finished the last project in October and I haven't touched any sewing machine since 😞

 
Elaine gave me this book more than a decade ago... Is 2023 the year I actually sew this bag?

No comments: